The African Caribbean Pacific Diaspora Youth Support Services (ACP DYSS) is a Not-for-Profit organization of Diaspora youth in Europe from the African, Caribbean, and Pacific (ACP) group of countries. ACP DYSS is registered under the Flemish Federation of Social Organizations (Federatie van Zelf Organizaties in Vlaanderen). Its core objective is to promote collective self-realization on Pan Africanism effort to ensure sustainable growth and solutions in ACP countries by employing its unique approach of re-education and working together. This would involve building the capacity of ACP Diaspora youth in Europe and UK for professional excellence, and development of ACP home countries in partnership with ACP country-based youth organisations.
The vision of ACP DYSS is to be the conduit and development catalyst of ACP youth in Europe, UK, and ACP countries. ACP DYSS is intent on building an ACP Diaspora youth community who are professional experts, effectively working together with ACP grassroot youth organisations towards achieving collective self-realization of Africans and sustainable development.
Our mission is to engage the ACP Diaspora youth and grassroot in the development of ACP countries through re-education and working together to restore and showcase the Pan African dignity and ensure collective self-dependency. ACP DYSS aims to work with ACP Diaspora youth in Europe, UK, and ACP countries grass-root youth community development organizations to foster sustainable development of the region. In its development strategy, ACP DYSS aligns itself with the development policy of the target region.
- To be the Conduit of ACP Diaspora youth in Europe for development activities in the ACP regions.
- To promote Pan Africanism through re-education and working together with ACP diaspora youth and grassroot organisations to achieve collective self-realization.
- To work together with ACP diaspora youth and grassroot for capacity building to respond to developmental challenges and encourage dependency on African efforts for sustainable development.
- Keep the ACP Diaspora youth informed about ACP regional development policy.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of joint development interventions with ACP grass root youth organizations.
- To mobilise resources and facilitate engagement of ACP Diaspora youth in development projects.
In a nutshell, the objectives of ACP DYSS focus on three pillars namely: Re-education, working together and collective self-realization which would be carried out sequentially.