DYSS has been working with international students in Belgium (Ghent University, KU Leuven, VrijeUnivesiteit Brussels- VUB and University of Antwerp) to organize conferences. In the immediate and long terms plans, DYSS will work with ACP Youth Diaspora in Belgium, The Netherlands, UK and other EEA countries as well as ACP grass-root youth community development organizations within the 79 ACP member states to foster youth employment and economic development of these regions.
To be of higher significant, DYSS is seeking to partner with ACP secretariat and other South-based youth CBOs in the next two years (2016-18).
The aim of the partnership and support is to build the capacity of DYSS to achieve its core objectives:
- To be the Conduit for ACP youth development activities
- Keep abreast with ACP Youth development policy
- Facilitate design and implementation of relevant youth development interventions at grass root levels for sustainable economic impacts.
- To build the capacity of ACP Youth Diaspora to respond to development challenges of ACP youth especially creation of employment
- To facilitate engagement of ACP Youth Diaspora in development projects
- Increase funding opportunities and reduce the problems and uncertainties encountered when applying for funding.