Innocent Ufomba: Director – Department of Environmental Policy and Sustainability (Secretary General)
Mr. Innocent Ufomba is an Environmental professional with B.Tech . Biotechnology from Federal University of Technology Owerri in Nigeria. MSc. Environmental...view profile
ACP DYSS Environmental Policy and Sustainability Department is committed to ensuring that young people are empowered to build a more sustainable environment through actions. Our mission is to provide young people with access to appropriate materials and vital life skills, needed to engage in education and volunteering helpful information in their local community.
The department hopes to align with like minds on the need to defend the natural world from destruction. This will be done through investigating, documenting, and exposing the causes of environmental destruction.
General and specific Objectives:
The department has a motivation to bring the ACP youth into an awareness of the dangers facing the earth, the roles they can play in the abatement of environmental pollution, the dangers of ignoring the dangers, areas where partnership can be of immense value in the pursuit for a sustainable environment and solidly supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to transform our world.
- We are active – ACP young minds can choose to be ACP DYSS members and join campaigns involving local communities.
- Working together with ACP regional organisations in re-educating ACP youth on environmental sustainability.
- Partnering with ACP diaspora youth professionals, regional research institutes and organisations to solve environmental problems in ACP regions.
- Working together with ACP youth in ACP regions in the campaign to create awareness of the importance of environmental studies and sustainability, delivering life skills for employability through communication and preparing young environmental leaders.
- Engaging with ACP students (both diaspora and regional) and academic institution (Universities, polytechnics, college education, research institution etc.) in research work, in other to create academic interaction among ACP youth for sustainable solutions.
Key Project Areas:
- Voluntary Traineeships
- Climate change awareness
- Waste Management
- Promotion of recycling
- Environmental Sanitation
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Environmental Policy Awareness
- The E-waste problem of Nigeria and proposed solutions: Innocent Ufomba, C, Co-author – Dr. Janis Jansz (RN., RM., Dip. Tch., Grad. Dip. OHS. MPH, PhD. FSIA.) School of Public Health, Curtin University. Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute. School of Management, Edith Cowan University. Publication in the World Safety Organization Journal. WSO journal Volume 21, No. 2, pages 1-6, 2012.
- A comparative study on the efficiency of ozonation and coagulation-flocculation as pretreatment to activated carbon adsorption of biologically stabilized landfill leachate. Violet Oloibiri; Innocent Ufomba; Michael Chys; Wim Audenaert; Kristof Demeestere; Stijn W H Van Hulle Waste Management June 2015; DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2015.06.014.
We are actively looking to engage ACP young minds, community groups and organisations to join us as partners and team members to help us inspire the ACP Youth both local and international towards a conscious environmental protection awareness.
For the purpose of supporting our environmental awareness campaigns, seminars, conferences, please send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Environmental Policy & Sustainability Director).